Friday, June 27, 2008

So What Does Harlowton, Montana Look Like You Ask?

















The view from our front yard...yes, I did say YARD people..yay!!!And by yard I mean about 20 X 20ft. square of green stuff that kind of flaps in the wind. :)

Our new apartment in progress. We will have to take more pics because it looks much nicer now.

One of the girls and the apartment as a whole. Ha, ha, ha! :)






















Not sure what the girls were doing but daddy was photographing it for prosperity, I think.
Psalm 121
A song of ascents.
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills— where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD watches over you— the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life;
8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
I think I've posted this Psalm before, but everytime I've visited Montana I always think of this one. And right now with all the changes and challenges that I'm facing I naturally return to this passage.

We had the pastor and his family over for dinner last night and I was reminded that I'm a stranger in a strange...very strange place. :) It was a great opportunity to get to know them a little better. They haven't lived here all their lives either so that makes me feel a little better. So, yes...good times.

The thing that has been desperatly weighing on my mind is my family. I found out that they are mad at me, not that this is any surprise. Ryan and I knew this would be the response to a move like this. It pains me because I feel trapped. I feel as if I can't be an adult and decide what I want to be and do because it will disappoint them. On the other hand, I don't understand why I am so unlovable that I could be found so wanton by those who are called to love unconditionally. The funniest thing about it all I still have an amazing peace about it all. God's working something out; I hope it comes to pass soon. :) The other thing that I'm learning (being reminded of) through this is how I don't want to react to my girls when they have families of their own, making decisions for their families. I never want to forget that what they do has very little to do with me, nor is it an expression of rejection. So the bottom line is that my heart aches that I have to go through this AGAIN with them, but I know that God is at the center of this change in our lives, my faith is unmoved.

So I pray for strength to help me show them how much I love them and how that hasn't change, nor will it change. Ay de mi!!

3 comments:

David and Becca W said...

Anita,

Your place looks beautiful. How are the girls liking it??? I think you left TX in the nick of time! It's smokin' hot and humid here!! We can't wait to trek up the coast and see you four (or will there be more... ha, I made a funny). Tell me what you want for Spices and I will send them.

Becca

sarah said...

your front yard looks so peaceful! and I can see how it would bring to mind Psalm 121. :-]

You are lovable, your family just doesn't know how to love. But you do and you're teaching your girls how to and that's what really matters.

:-] those are my two cents.

Jaime said...

Good for you for seeing the flaw in your family's reaction. I think that because you see it, you won't repeat it with your girls.

I love the front yard picture and the apartment pictures! I like how the couch is at an angle. (It is, isn't it?) Anyway, looks very pretty!

We just got home from vacation and got your sweet card. Randall was already in bed, but he will be so excited to see the toy you returned. How fun that it has been all the way to Montana and back! :-) That was very thoughtful; thanks!

Keep posting! I'm enjoying updates! :-)