Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Psalm 63
A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah.
1 O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.

2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.

3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.

4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.

5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.

7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.

8 My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.

9 They who seek my life will be destroyed;
they will go down to the depths of the earth.

10 They will be given over to the sword
and become food for jackals.

11 But the king will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God's name will praise him,
while the mouths of liars will be silenced.

Okay, so I should just come out and say it.  I love the Psalms.  It's tickles my feminine sensibilities.  I love this Psalm because it is a great reminder to me that God will be our protector when we are in need of such services.  The first verse reminds me of one of my favorite songs God, You Are My God by Rich Mullins.

One of the reasons this Psalm was on my mind is that this transition is about a journey...an adventure with God.  We decided to step out in faith to see where God would lead us.  Ryan and I are not risk takers at all, so this was a total leap of faith.  So far I would say it's been great, not perfect you understand, but great.  But things are always that way with God.  :)  

We are excited because today Ryan was contacted by one of the companies that he has applied with that is 45 mins. northeast of Harlowton.  So we will see how things go with his interview next week.  He was contacted by another company from New Jersey that has an opening in Texas. It was kind of crazy, but an unlikely opportunity because it was a six figure salary position.  He still plans to apply because they contacted him and it will give him more practice with the application process.

Well, I shall return to life here in Harlowton where it has been raining since last evening.  It reminded me of Texas storms.  So, it has been in the 80s and 70s now that it's been raining.  But, it has been in the 50s and 60s at night.

No comments: