Thursday, November 6, 2008

Rethinking The Outcome...

Ephesians 4:14-16,29-32

14Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

I've been thinking more about the election. I've been talking to people about it and reading different opinions. I don't remember what made me think about the Westborough Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas. And I came across their opinion of Obama which was (no surprise) that he was the Anti-Christ. And they constantly do whatever they can to spew hate into the world, as if there wasn't enough of that in the world already.

So, this makes me rethink my own opinion of him. I do not agree with these people at all! But, I do know what my gut says, and it has always said to proceed with caution because this man isn't transparent with his intentions. That, for me, is a huge caution sign. No one but God knows what is unfolding with this choice. But many of us who desire to earnestly follow God are uneasy about our future because we know what is said to be our fate when the Anti-Christ does come if we continue to stand strong in the Lord. Whether you believe we will be spared any of the tribulation or that we will endure some part of it, we are confident that we will have to stand under some level of persecution. I know this undesirable for most of us, but at the same time we long to be with our God. If the latter is true, then the former should be relatively easy to put out of our minds because of the joy being with the Lord will bring us.

It is for this reason that I am not concerned for what is coming. I want to live my life as a living sacrifice, though I know I am not where I should be in this endeavor. I truly want to fully trust God in His will for his people everywhere, and I find persecution as an honorably difficult thing that so many are enduring each day in India, Africa, Indonesia, and many other places all over our world.

So, as I meditate on all these things I was reminded of how we are to reach out in love and let our words reflect the love God has poured out to us by giving us the ultimate give of salvation. What is so easily understood by those who love God with all of who they are, is completely incomprehensible to those who can not wrap their minds around a God who can truly, fully love and yet be be the ultimate just judge.

May these words from Scripture open our minds to God's true love, and not our interpretation of what love should be. God please help us to be awesome witnesses for your Kingdom in the mist of this time of great uncertainty.

No comments: